About Me Art Exchange Affiliate Entry Follow

21 DECEMBER 2014



Dear Diary,

I have attended an Act Tourism Course organized by the Tourism and Culture Ministry Officials Sarawak state on 10 December 2014 at Grand Palace Hotel, Miri, Sarawak. To tell you the truth, I was forced by mother to attend this seminar. I thought the topic was rather lame since it was about on how to establish a homestay. Obviously this is a course for an adult. Anyway, my mom got herself in a way and I have no choice but to follow her to participate in this seminar.

My mother and I carpooled with her friends from Woman Institute (WI) association and reached Grand Palace Hotel in quite awhile. Funny when we found ourselves was rather 'early' as the course was supposed to be started at 8:00 a.m. and we arrived there like 7:00 a.m. We still got an hour. Auntie Yati (mother's friend) given a suggestion to have a breakfast first as our tummy was still empty. This concludes a crazy idea where she said it is better to walk ourselves to the nearest cafe since she doesn't want to drive. This is because she might afraid that somebody would take her parking place and couldn't find another. We went out of the hotel and look upon the route which we will took. We were dumbfounded. We didn't know that the route would take us so long to reach the cafe. We turned back to the hotel and sat at the lobby.

Finally, the course has started. My first impression would be like, “What the heck am I doing here? This is lame. I should have stayed at home and sleeping". Soon, the speaker greeted us. Well, I've got to admit that she manage to captured my intention. What's that word again? Oh yeah... Don't judge the book by its cover. I learnt my lesson alright. That seminar was fun after all. I was be able to showed my talent towards others. It was one of my best moment where people stood up and witnessing my artworks. It was one of our activities which is ice breaking. We were asked to draw our group's member identities without writing it down. Just by a drawing, people can tell where does his/her comes from, what is his/her occupation, what is his/her aim when attended this seminar and last but not least what is his/her expectation before and after this seminar.

The speakers taught us how to be great hosts for our homestay. She even taught us on doing the 'One Malaysia Greetings'. How to manage our homestay? And more! I would not write here as you can just Google it. Above all, I like the part where she started to talk about tourism in Malaysia and in foreign country, she told us about her experiences. I also like the way she talks as she doesn't have to be formal even though it was a seminar. I learnt a lot throughout the course. I wasn't regretting it when my mother dragged me to participate in such activities. Thanks mother. You know the best. By the way, we did have our high-tea and lunch. The seminar ended at 5:30 p.m.

In a nutshell, no matter what the course is, try to compromise as we never know what we can gained from it. Perhaps it would be a lot to gain. Apart from that, we should be proud of our country as our country was filled with lots of beautiful nature such as Sabah and Sarawak. Did you know that Sarawak was capable to be one of the leading tourists’ attractions? It is true as in Miri, the beaches was unique. It is us who responsible to achieves it.

That's all for now. Till we meet again in another entry. Adios Amigos. Assalamualaikum!

Malaysia Truly Asia~

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,



Welcome
Assamualaikum and welcome to my galaxy blog! Thanks for dropping here! Do read the entries of mine and don't forget to leave a footprint so I can visits yours. :)
Don't 4get to visit this site:


Instagram





Shoutbox








Google+ Followers


Archives

January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 July 2014 October 2014 December 2014 April 2015 July 2015 August 2015 October 2015 March 2016 May 2016 February 2017 September 2017 May 2018 September 2018 February 2019 May 2020


Credit
Skin made by Hafiz Zulkafly . Edit by Batrisyia Arashe . I GOT THE BACKGROUND FROM Dolliecrave . Other image from We♥it and special thanks to Mr.Google cause help me .