About Me Art Exchange Affiliate Entry Follow

1 February 2014

Dear Diary,
Forget me not? hehe ^_^
You must be wondering about the post title right? Yup, I wanted to be a skater girl and this is for real.
I've been thinking about it lately since last year. It's not the fact that I only want to try it because it looks cool (it is actually) but also I wanted to try something extreme. 
What attracts me more is when I saw some pic on twitter about Skateistan. Skateistan began as a grassroots 'Sport for Development' project on the streets of Kabul in 2007, and is now an award-winning, international NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) with projects in Afghanistan and Cambodia. Skateistan is the first international development initiative to combine skateboarding with educational outcomes. Skateistan is non-political, independent, and inclusive of all ethnicities, religions and social backgrounds. Most the Skateistan is girls especially muslim girls. :)


I did do some research about skateboarding. This is some of the quick sketches I did. I'm a beginner so I'll definitely need those things.
Skateboard (I'll probably buy a classic one)
Skate Shoes (Vans it is)
Helmet (I may be look weird but I don't want to take the risk)
Safety pads (I definitely need these gadgets)

I even got some tips for a beginner like me which I gained from some research I've made:
1. Make sure you buy the skateboard which is 'good' Don't buy the cheap one as it will not guarantee the qualities of the goods (the low quality skateboard might break into half).
2. Choose the skateboard which is suitable for you. Pick the right size.
3.  Choose  the skate shoes which has good grip for your skateboard.
4. Use safety pads and a helmet. Some skaters doesn't even use this gadgets as they were fine without it (Some of them even wear cap and shirtless while skateboarding) but as a beginner we don't take the risk. It will cause us no harms when we fall (we will fall eventually).
5. Don't shy to ask people who exactly knows how to skate and learn from them.
6. Ask your friends to join you. I bet that you don't want to embarrassed yourself when you're falling even though they would laugh at you (at least you're not falling in front of strangers).
7. You can follow some simple tricks on youtube. Practice make perfect ey...

And the most important thing is don't ever afraid to fall and always try your best
Happy skating!! ^_^



And this is the future me! haha :D *Daydreaming hehew :3


LOL.... I know I'm not this tall... Just a drawing tho... hihi ^_^
So, I'll start saving to fulfill my 2014 dream. To become a 'Skater Girl'.
Wish me luck!
That's it for now. Assalamualaikum. Adios Amigos!




Welcome
Assamualaikum and welcome to my galaxy blog! Thanks for dropping here! Do read the entries of mine and don't forget to leave a footprint so I can visits yours. :)
Don't 4get to visit this site:


Instagram





Shoutbox








Google+ Followers


Archives

January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 July 2014 October 2014 December 2014 April 2015 July 2015 August 2015 October 2015 March 2016 May 2016 February 2017 September 2017 May 2018 September 2018 February 2019 May 2020


Credit
Skin made by Hafiz Zulkafly . Edit by Batrisyia Arashe . I GOT THE BACKGROUND FROM Dolliecrave . Other image from We♥it and special thanks to Mr.Google cause help me .